BERGENFIELD, N.J. – A SWAT team raid on the home of a Bergenfield couple turned up a trove of weapons, including assault rifles, Acting Bergen County Prosecutor Gurbir S. Grewal said Wednesday morning.
Keith A. Knaack, 47, who is an unemployed ex-con with more than two decades of DWI and drug-related offenses on his record, and Laura V. Ruddiman, a 53-year-old medical technician, remained held on $75,000 bail each Wednesday on various weapons charges in the Bergen County Jail.
First appearances in Central Municipal Court in Hackensack were set for Aug. 31.
Found during Tuesday’s Bergen County Regional SWAT Team raid at the Levitt Avenue home, the prosecutor said, were:
- two AR15 assault rifles each with sliding stocks;
- a Ruger Mini 30 assault rifle with a folding stock;
- a Ruger mini 14 Assault Rifle;
- a Ruger .22-cal. rifle;
- a Walther PPK .380-cal. handgun;
- a Ruger revolver;
- a antique rifle w/ bayonet;
- three high-capacity ammunition magazines;
- a "large quantity" of ammunition; and
- an ounce and a half marijuana.