SADDLE BROOK, N.J. -- Domenico and Tiffany Galluzzo of Saddle Brook had just dropped off bags of clothing Monday for a family two blocks away who were burned out by a fire when they got the call.
Flames were ravaging their two-story, wood-frame house on Spruce Street ( see video above ).
Saddle Brook firefighters rescued the family's three foster dogs, but the blaze blew through the roof as neighbors and friends watched in horror.
"If you know the Galluzzos, you know they had an open door policy to friends and family, always cooking and entertaining with a 'the more, the merrier' attitude," Jayme Giordano wrote on a GoFundMe page she launched for the family. "Everyone was welcome, and 'family dinner' typically included anyone who wished to stay.
"Dom and Tiffany have incredibly large hearts and are the first ones there when someone they know is in need," Giordano wrote. ""lease open your hearts to this family whose hearts have always remained open to others."
To contribute, go to: https://www.gofundme.com/galluzzofamily
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.