BERGENFIELD, N.J. -- Seven young Jewish women were recently awarded $1,000 endowed college scholarships by National Council of Jewish Women Bergen County Section.
In addition to academic achievement, each recipient demonstrated outstanding leadership and initiative in school and or community life as well as commitment to her Jewish heritage," the group noted. "The winners were introduced at a recent board meeting as their proud parents looked on."Here are the awardees:
- Leah Field of Northern Valley Regional High School will attend Vanderbilt University. Rachel Gleyzer of the Academy of Science and Technology will attend the University of Chicago. They received the Marjorie G. Aerenson Memorial Awards.
- Inbar Tivon of Fair Lawn High School, who will be going to The University of Pennsylvania, received the Kabakow Family Scholarship.
- Danielle Mandelblatt of Northern Valley Regional High School will be at the University of Michigan. Mikaela Rosen of Glen Rock High School will attend Johns Hopkins University. They were given the Zimmerman Family Scholarships.
- Justine Laufer of Tenafly High School, who will be a student at the University of Chicago, received the Wolfeiler-Simon Scholarship.
- Lauren Gerlin of River Dell High School, who will matriculate at Penn State University, won the Boch Scholarship.
The NCJW BCS Scholarship Committee included chairs Evalyn Brownstein and Nan Matlick, and Peggy Kabakow, Liz Warms, Grace Fuld, Henrietta Wolfeiler and Phyllis Grossman-Kaplan
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.