Hayrides, pumpkin picking, corn mazes and haunted houses abound across Northern New Jersey this Halloween season. Here are some of the highlights from Bergen and Passaic counties — and beyond:
- Abma's Farm Hayrides — Hayrides to the pumpkin patch at the Wyckoff family-owned farm are offered on Saturdays only.
- Pumpkin Picking at DePiero's — This is the last Halloween season to visit at this Montvale family-owned farm. The property was sold to developers and is the future site of the first Wegman's supermarket in the area.
- Demarest Farms Pick Your Own Pumpkin — Under new ownership this season, the Hillsdale farm is a local fall favorite for family fun.
- Brighton Asylum: The Tunnel — Leave children with a babysitter, and then hide under the bed when you get home from this Passaic Halloween attraction.
- Pumpkin Land Festival & Corn Maze — safe for all ages, with trick-or-treating, pumpkin patches, and mazes that may let you work off some of the candy in Vernon.
- The Great Pumpkin Train — Fun for all ages, as long as you make a separate trip for the winery train. Every child gets to pick a free pumpkin, and there is a separate corn maze. Train originates out of Philipsburg
- Zoo Boo at the Bergen County Zoo in Paramus. This one is so popular, parents have to buy tickets in advance. It offers trick-or treating, train rides, and — no surprise — animals!
- Alstede Farms Hay Ride and Corn Maze — The moonlight ride and the corn maze in Chester are not scary at all, making it perfect for the family.
- Family Fall Festival — The Pompton Lakes festival is not dedicated to Halloween, but it does include hay rides, pumpkin painting, and bag decorating (so trick-or-treaters tote their candy in style.
What are you doing this weekend? Know of something fun that we missed? Tell us in the comments.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.