BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Get your red, white and blue on, Bergen. Independence Day festivities are upon us with towns across the county gearing up to show their patriotic pride.
The following is a sampling of activities for securing the best perch for picnics and pyrotechnics. Feel free to add any we've missed on our Facebook page.
Tuesday, June 28
- Hasbrouck Heights: The annual fireworks display, sponsored by the Hasbrouck Heights Lions Club, will be held at Gary Depken Field. Doors open at approximately 6 p.m. for other festivities. Upon dusk, the fireworks will begin.
Wednesday, June 29
- Englewood: Mayor Frank Huttle III and the members of the city council host Englewood's Independence Day fireworks celebration on the front lawn of Dwight Morrow High School starting at 6:30 p.m. Rain date is Wednesday, July 6.
Thursday, June 30
- Fair Lawn: Head to Memorial Park between 9 and 9:l5 p.m. for the multitude of colorful designs, and explosions set ablaze to honor America's freedom. Early arrivals will be treated to music as well as food and drink vendors. Rain dates of July 6 or 7.
- Rutherford: The annual fireworks display will be held at Memorial Field beginning at 7 p.m. and include music and food vendors, followed by a 9:15 p.m. fireworks display. Go to www.rutherford-nj.com/ in case of rain and a rescheduled date.
Saturday, July 2
- Tenafly: All residents are invited to attend the Independence Day celebration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Roosevelt Common (rain date is Sunday, July 3). At 8:30 p.m. there will be entertainment by the Victory Belles with the annual fireworks display starting at approximately 9 p.m. behind Tenafly High School. The rain date for the fireworks display is Wednesday, July 6.
- Maywood: Memorial Park is the setting for Maywood's fireworks. Entertainment begins at 7 p.m. followed by the fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
- Lyndhurst: Festivities start at 6 p.m. behind the Little League fields on Riverside Avenue with the fireworks starting at dusk.
Sunday, July 3
- Saddle Brook: Head to Otto Pehle Park on Saddle River Road for the annual fireworks display, set for 9 p.m.
- Paramus: Gates open at Cliff Gennarelli Sports-Plex next to the Westfield Garden State Plaza.at 6 p.m. and include a long line-up of festivities including live music by Willie Wilson and the Willies, Dan Amato, Paramus Community Orchestra and the national anthem sung by The Octaves. Fireworks follow.
- East Rutherford: The annual State Fair Meadowlands hosts fireworks and various events on both July 3 and 4.
Monday, July 4
- Allendale: Field Events at Recreation Park star at 8:30 a.m. with band concert and fireworksat Crestwood Lake at 7:30 p.m. with fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Rain date of Saturday, July 9.
- Hackensack: An all-day festival is on tap at Foschini Park with rides, flea market, music and food vendors, followed by evening fireworks beginning at 9:15 p.m.
- Ridgewood: Enjoy entertainment, food, beverages, and fireworks at Veterans Field. Rain date is Tuesday, July 5.
- Leonia: The free fireworks display at dusk is part of two-week carnival at Overpeck Park.